Disney has confirmed that Marvel news will arrive at Disney + later this week, revealing a time-blocking schedule for new Marvel Cinematic Universe content. The event, for which Disney was planning to make key announcements on its streaming plans (and likely to show a few clips as well), is slated for Friday, November 12, and ahead of the event, a new trailer features some of the highlights. highlights of Disney + 2021, the streamer’s second year of operation and the point where its vast Marvel and Star wars streaming strategies have started to be more targeted.
The ad has nothing specific about Star wars, but touches on a few MCU properties. It promises fans a lot more family content, including the third season of Nancy fancy, which should hit Disney + “day and date,” dropping there at the same time it’s airing on TV.
You can see their official schedule announcement below:
New fan-favorite content, new and loved by fans, will debut streaming on Disney + on November 12, including:
- A new documentary titled The Making of Happier than Ever: A Love Letter to Los Angeles, about Billie Eilish’s recent Disney + movie concert experience
- Marvel Assembled: The Making of Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings, a docu-special retracing the creation of the recent Marvel Studios theatrical release
- Marvel Studios Legends: Hawkeye, an episode that revisits all of the MCU’s epic Hawkeye moments in preparation for the upcoming Disney + Original series
- The live-action fantasy romantic comedy film / musical entertainment delighted from 2007, with Amy Adams and Patrick Dempsey
- The recent original Disney Channel movie Twirl where Rhea, a Native American teenager, discovers her passion for creating DJ mixes that blend her South Asian culture and the world around her
- All episodes of Nancy fancy season 3, which will launch day and date with its premiere on Disney Junior
Earlier this morning, Disney + released a new teaser video for the event, looking back at the successes of 2021 and presumably the 2022 content that will be discussed on Friday. Disney + Day is expected to feature not only previews of projects in development, but new announcements as well.
Are you excited for Disney + Day? What announcements are you most hoping to hear on Thursday? Sound off in the comments or hit @russburlingame on Twitter to talk about all things streaming.